Saturday, December 19, 2015

CHURCH LADY P.I. Part # 9 (House of Prayer)




CHURCH LADY P.I. Part # 9
(HOUSE of PRAYER)




REMEMBER: This is a mystery and it must be read in order, including the  Introduction, then Part 1, Part 2, etc. Also read the Companion Blog Post from my Personal Blog, "Laura-Lee Was Here" called, "FINALLY FINISHED: Church Lady P.I." There are clues everywhere. (LR)


I took my leave of Ginnette, promising her that I wouldn't stop looking for Sarah until she was safely home again. As I walked out of the bedroom toward the front door I made a brief stop in front of the chief of police where he was again in quiet conference with Reverend Wright. I asked if it was alright for me to leave, as Marc continued to faithfully follow me.

The chief verified that he had my contact information and then asked me if I would be staying in town for a while. I said an even toned, "Yes.", which he answered with a firm, "Good." With that exchange done, Marc and I left, but as I was walking out the door I paused to wiped my feet on the mat that sat crooked on the front porch. My own action puzzled me because people don't usually wipe their feet on the way out of a house.

By the time Marc and I returned to his Aunt and Uncle's house not only had his entire family gathered there, but also some friends, some members from their church and even a few neighbors I had been introduced to earlier in the week. Even though the house was bursting at the seams a quiet had descended on it. They were all there for the same reason: to pray.

 Everyone had made themselves comfortable and had settled in to pray for as long as it would take to get Sarah back. The large living room was a bit stuffy, but someone had opened the windows to let in fresh air and as Marc and I joined the others and made ourselves comfortable as well, the air in the room took on a 'thickness' hard to describe. The density was not from lack of oxygen, but from the tangible presence of Him who is always present, but never so evident as in our times of deepest need.

Now I've heard people refer to praying through a crisis as "wrestling in prayer" or "storming the gates of Heaven", but as all these people were gathered with eyes closed and heads bowed what I heard in their voices and felt in my heart was a peaceful confidence. Especially as one male voice I knew so well took over to lead. A man who approached the throne of his King with the assurance that he would be heard because his King was also his loving Father.

Marc began:

"Oh great King of Heaven, Creator of all, Savior ... our Dearest Friend.

We come to you again with all our weaknesses and all our sins exposed. Nothing is hidden from You. We are grateful that you are a generous and giving God who desires that we pour out our hearts to you, just like you poured out your life for us and your love into us. You know us better than we know ourselves and have provided for our needs before we even know we have them. You make a way for us before we even know what to ask for."

Marc took a deep breath as if he was just getting warmed up, then let it all out again and said simply and with humility,

"Thy will be done. "  And nothing more.

As I opened my eyes to look at Marc I saw that several others had done the same. Most with looks of surprise or expectancy. But to me it suddenly made sense that he stopped.

What really is there to add to that statement? You either desire God's will with all your heart and act accordingly or ... you don't.

The scripture verse of Micah 6:8 jumped into my mind:
"And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to  love mercy and walk humbly with your God."

As I looked at Marc and he looked at me and everyone looked at both of us I simply added, "Amen"

"Amen" was echoed all around the room.

 I knew the Lord was near because I had that "peace that transcends understanding."{Philippians 4}. I knew I had nothing to fear because the perfect love of Jesus would "cast it out" {1 John 4}. I knew I was safe because God was my refuge, my fortress and my shelter {Psalm 16 & 91}. I knew He could keep me from falling {Jude 1:24}. I knew I could hold unswervingly to the hope I professed for He who promised these things is faithful. {Hebrews 10:23}

 I knew that I had to go and see ... Bert.

LINK to Next Part # 10 "Factory Work"




"FINALLY FINISHED: Church Lady P.I." from Laura-Lee Was Here Blog (COMPANION POST)

CHURCH LADY P.I. Introduction






Copyright 2015 "The characters and events in this story are not meant to represent any persons living or dead and are entirely a product of the imagination of the writer." LR

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome with only those using objectional language being deleted.